Ultra Violet systems-7GPM
Recommended for drinking water where it is suspected to be contaminated by bacteria such as well water
Kill bacteria, viruses and other pathogens avoid boil water alert
Whole house Ultraviolet Light system – 7 GPM
Water moves through a stainless steel reactor chamber where it is exposed to a UV lamp.
UV light makes bacteria in the water unable to function eliminating the risk of infection.
Once water passes through the chamber, safer water is provided to every tap in the home.
UV disinfection adds an extra level of protection that other water filters cannot provide.
MUNICIPAL WATER & BOIL WATER ALERTS
Municipal water can be deemed perfectly safe when it leaves the treatment plant. Nonetheless, boil water alerts (BWA) happen frequently as a result of the unexpected. Many times a boil water alert is issued 24 – 48 hours after contamination has occurred.
BWAs are issued for a variety of different reasons:
- Failure of disinfection equipment
- High turbidity levels due to a malfunctioning filtration system
- Water main breaks
- Questionable pathogenic bacteria detection
- General interruption of water treatment processes
BENEFITS OF A UV SYSTEM
Does not affect taste, color and odor of the water Capable of destroying 99.9% of harmful microorganisms including: E. coli, Cryptosporidium and Giardia
- Natural and safe disinfection without the use of harmful chemicals
- No disinfection by-products
- Effective against a broader range of organisms than chlorine
- 7-14 GPM peak flow – Ideal for most homes