Salt-based Ion exchange water softening
Easy to program metered electronic head
High capacity resin
Standard bypass valve included
7GPM +24,000 Grains
Maximum hardness removal 75 grains per gallon
HOW IT WORKS
In normal operation, hard water moves into the mineral tank and the calcium and magnesium ions move to the beads, replacing sodium ions. The sodium ions go into the water. Once the beads are saturated with calcium and magnesium, the unit enters a 3-phase regenerating cycle.
PHASE 1:First, the backwash phase reverses water flow to flush dirt out of the tank.
PHASE 2:In the recharge phase, the concentrated sodium-rich salt solution is carried from the brine tank through the mineral tank. The sodium collects on the beads, replacing the calcium and magnesium, which go down the drain.
PHASE 3:Once this phase is over, the mineral tank is flushed of excess brine and the brine tank is refilled.
- Enjoy healthier, softer skin and hair when you shower while using less soap and shampoo
- Preserve the life of all water appliances such as coffee machines, ice makers, dishwashers, water heaters, and laundry equipment
- The most common choice for builders of homes that utilize well water
- The system can be combined with whole home carbon filtration of high water quality
- Increases energy efficiency
- Addresses iron up to 4 ppm (parts per million)