Salt-based Ion exchange water softening
- Easy to program metered electronic head
- High capacity resin
- Standard bypass valve included
- 15GPM +80,000 Grains
- Maximum hardness removal 75 grains per gallon
HOW IT WORKS
In a typical operation, hard water moves into the mineral tank, and the calcium and magnesium ions move to the beads, replacing sodium ions. Then, the sodium ions go into the water. Once the beads are saturated with calcium and magnesium, the unit enters a 3-phase regenerating cycle.
PHASE 1:First, the backwash phase reverses water flow to flush dirt out of the tank.
PHASE 2:Recharge process, the concentrated sodium-rich salt solution is carried from the brine tank through the mineral tank. The sodium collects on the beads, replacing the calcium and magnesium, which go down the drain.
PHASE 3:Once this phase is over, the mineral tank is flushed of excess brine, refilling the brine tank.
- Enjoy healthier, softer skin and hair while using less soap and shampoo when you shower.
- Extend the lifetime of kitchen water appliances such as coffee machines, ice makers, dishwashers, water heaters, and laundry equipment
- The most common choice for builders of homes that utilize well water
- The system can be combined with whole home carbon filtration of high water quality
- Increases energy efficiency
- Addresses iron up to 4 ppm (parts per million)